torsdag 19 september 2013

Correction, demo, sticker and shirt

Correction is a band I've been doing with my brother in arms Mattias since last winter. Nick Tape released our demo on the US on his new Flophouse Records and Tapes, and Pat got the European version out on Carry the Weight. Later on we even got an Australian tape out, via Lloyd at Good Clean Hate (props for the OCHC reference dude!).

The tape has a picture of saw mill workers in Sundsvall, Sweden, accompanied by a little text about how they banned alcohol during a strike in their city. The back has a sweet Brotherhood-remake picture taken by Yohanna of Yo Vegan fanzine. I went for a pretty unruly cut and paste layout for the lyrics, and dig how it turned out. I guess I like this side better than the front, in the end.

Here are also a couple of merch items. First off a sticker and patch design. I scanned a tiny picture from an old fanzine that I bought almost 20 years ago. I love old school rasterized images. It is hard as fuck to get the same feel while using filters in Photoshop. I guess I should learn to do it the correct, manual way instead. The words look blurry and fucked up but turned out super cool on the prints.

The shirt has a collage of various fucked up things, with the big Xd up fist in the middle symbolizing not hiding away from any of the world's insanity via mind-numbing substances, religion or other ways to forget about reality. 

Correction at Flophouse

Order the US version here.
Correction at the CTW bandcamp.






Australian version with red X on the tapes.


Dan from Barge fame holding up the US version, also seen below.





Mr Flophouse himself posing with a Correction shirt in Atlanta, and live in Tampa, FL during the Coke Bust "Confined" tour the summer of 2013.






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar