måndag 16 september 2013

Hounds Of Hate - Self Titled LP


I think Hounds Of Hate originally got in touch with me after seeing stuff I did for Sectarian Violence. We played a show together in Cleveland in June 2012, and the ties between the people in our respective bands have grown a lot stronger since. Tom (our drummer) invited Flynn from the Hounds to play guitar with Violent Reaction on the two bands' shared US and Euro tours, I booked a show during said Euro tour here in Gothenburg, and so on. The first thing I did for Hounds Of Hate was a shirt (the "CRASS" remake thing, I will post it later). Then they asked me to do the European version of their debut LP. I didn't get many pointers and was pretty much fumbling in the dark, but it turned out that they were into most of my ideas - including the front cover (an old picture from Stockholm), which felt like a long shot. 

I originally wanted to have the CRASS logo on the back, but it was hard to make that look well along with the Assault Records logo. The Old English style logo was supplied by the band. 

The second pressing has the cardboard paper turned inside out, so that the print is on the matte side rather than the glossy, and it fits the design a lot better. In general, the colors run in dark grey rather than black, an idea I got from the industrial landscape that is used on the inlay. I got a bunch of pictures from Braddock, where the Hounds reside, and while it was a hassle deciding how to work with the image adjustments in terms of levels and curves since it was a whole lot of grey tones, the pictures were beautiful. I was worried that it would all end up a grey mess, but it got quite good. 

For the back cover I worked with the image for a while in photoshop, then printed it and re-scanned it, to give it a "rugged" look. 






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar